Borno Women Development Initiative (BOWDI) is recruiting to fill the following position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Adamawa to support with the following task:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER ADAMAWA: REPORTS TO THE MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER
With guidance from the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and in close collaboration with departmental and field teams, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer provides expertise and support in the areas of data collection and reporting. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects in gender-based violence department. He/she will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. He/she will play role in promoting of key learnings for the improvement of the project and for wider learning of the organization.
Essential Job Duties: Data Collection, Data Analysis, and Monitoring
- Collect standard data for all activities and maintain updated database
- Clean and compile all GBV facility and community level data and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- Ensure all relevant data is captured on GBV-IMS (Gender-Based Violence- Information Management System).
- Calculate basic statistics and indicators’ data on a regular basis. Provide additional analysis of data and information on different variables when needed.
- Assist in the development of & GBV M&E standard operating procedures
- Conduct routine data quality audits and review the quality of collected data and the methods for data collection
- Set monthly targets to be met by the field staff and monitor the results at the end of the month.
- Liaise with relevant BOWDI staff to ensure regular and timely information flow
- Share and discuss M&E findings and compiled data with relevant program staff to inform program activities.
- Develop project monitoring plan of all the projects.
- Monitor all project activities, progress towards achieving the project output.
- Assist in collation, drafting monthly, quarterly, annual and/or semi-annual reports, in conjunction with program team, according to donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly and/or bimonthly reports for BOWDI headquarters, together with program departments, as required.
- Provide full and detailed feedback to the field on reporting problems and solutions
- Assist in the design of a comprehensive reporting system across the program while working with staff to ensure consistency and compatibility of information formats.
ASSESSMENTS, EVALUATION, AND LEARNING
- In coordination with program staff and/or external consultants, participate in the implementation of surveys or studies and analyse results to inform project design and program implementation.
- Assist in the design and development of monitoring and evaluation guidelines and tools in a participatory manner.
- Document program progress including lessons learned and success stories.
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- Support in the development of proposals (particularly objectives, outputs, and indicators) and project targets as needed.
- Assist in training field staff on M&E tools and techniques, as needed.
- Conduct regular (bi-weekly or monthly) visits to BOWDI field sites.
- Any other duties requested by line managers.
- Adhere to all of BOWDI’s policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct and SOPs.
Application closes on Wednesday 22nd March 2023
Interested applicants should kindly click on the link below. Women are strongly encouraged to apply